THE HALL IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
This photo is of Susan Jarvis of OAP #4 presenting a cheque to Jacob Barker for his continuing education at Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo BC. Jacob is a part time care aid in 2 local seniors facilities one of them being strictly for dementia patients. He is studying with intention of going into geriatrics and hoping to specialize in research. He now has the beginning of his own web page studying dementia. His subjects at school include physiology and sociology leading up to getting his masters next year.
CELEBRATING 80 YEARS!
Why should you join?
1. To join with others in monitoring the conditions and welfare of the elderly
and taking action where necessary.
2. For fun, fellowship, companionship and well being.
3. For community service.
4. For social activities including pool, bingo, pot luck, dancing, entertainment,
exercise classes, Tai Chi, games.
5. For crafts, bake sales, shows and bazaars.
6. To share stories, experiences and skills, now isn’t that what friends do?
7. To join others in helping to improve the lifestyles of the elderly, singles, widows, widowers,
homebound and physically challenged…Seniors helping Seniors.